The Watcher

The Watcher - Lisa Voisin Review of The Watcher
3.5 stars

The Watcher is story about angels and demons, but I love how it’s different than others I have read. It’s not your simple forbidden love, but the seven deadly sins come into play and for me I just loved that. I know we only see two in play in this book, but I loved the angle the author came from making it stand out for me more than other books of its kind.
I loved some of the descriptions that Mia gives us while she is in awe of Michael’s wings, or the sound of his voice. I could almost feel what she was saying, it was very well explained.
The plot itself was really good it wasn’t just forbidden love, but the twist at the end with Damiel was just brilliant and one I didn’t expect, and Mia’s understanding of how envy worked really blow me away, it was great thinking and I loved it.

But in saying all that the reason I gave this book only 3.5 stars was the characters. I just for the life of me couldn’t connect with Mia or Michael. Mia was understanding in so many ways, that I found myself disagreeing with her. I couldn’t picture her at all, and I felt nothing really for her. As for Michael I felt he was weak and his love for Mia overshadowed everything else. The one Character I loved and she wasn’t in it much was Michael’s sponsor Arielle, I found she had a strong voice, she was willing to get the job done, and most of the explaining of what was going on came from her. She was a character that I could connect with and see. Also Heather and Fiona just seemed selfish to me. But this is just my opinion and mine alone.

While reading some of the other reviews I see a lot of people compared this book to Hush, Hush and I didn’t like that book at all I think I rated it like two stars. So for lovers of Hush, Hush and Forbidden love with Angels - you may love The Watchers.

I received this book from the Author for an honest review.