Half-Blood

Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout Review of Half Blood

Rating: 4 stars

www.reviewoffantasy.com

I read some other reviews regarding this book and the amount of people that suggested it was like Vampire Academy, had me curious. Yes it was but it was also unique in its own way.

Alex the main character is a fighter, on the run with her mother, she’s a half blood protector of the pure’s, but when she runs into trouble with daimons her mother is killed and she’s saved by the pure’s one being Aiden. Wow is hot. :)

I loved Alex’s dry sense of humour her smart mouth and her drive. She’s like a disobedient child when someone says go left she will go right. But it’s fun to read, as she trained by Aiden who is forbidden to the likes of her. Half bloods and pure’s are not allowed to be together, and it’s tough as they train the feelings she has for Aiden grow stronger.
She also has some awful people to deal with like Lea who’s nothing but a bitch, but Alex ends up breaking her nose and I loved it. It was so deserving to hell with the consequences. Then there’s Lucian her step-father who is the worst parent of all.

But Alex is also surround by some really cool people like Caleb her best friend who ISN’T in love with her, and I appreciated this so much in the book. Majority of male best friends are in love with the MC. So this was a breath of fresh air.

The love story between Aiden and Alex is electric but for me I loved Seth the Apollyon, he was rude yet cool, sounded gorgeous but towards the end of the book we got to see a nice side of him. (well kind of). 

Overall really enjoyed this story it was non-stop action in every department and I love a MC with a sarcastic mouth.