Till Death and Beyond

Till Death and Beyond - Lyn C. Johanson Review of Till death and beyond

Rating: 4 stars

www.reviewoffantasy.com

Amira is a tortured soul, one of the most powerful witches, that’s used in a struggle with the gods to fulfil a prophecy. Each life she lives and dies through, Amira remembers, she is a person who’s so beautiful on the outside but damaged on the inside.

The Goddess tells her she will be kidnapped and no matter how she resists she must do as she told, and go to the forest while waiting to be taken. She is no more than a puppet on a string.
Raven is the one who takes her. Witchcraft is punishable by death but Raven needs her alive. All witches are believed to be cold creatures but Amira surprises Raven time and time again with her selfless acts and soon a love blossoms between them, that’s intense and serious. Raven denies his feelings telling himself it’s a spell. His own story is as tortured as Amira’s, and with a brother whose mind is almost lost Raven feels responsible for the death of his family, and his brother’s diminishing health. Taking Amira he hopes to draw out the witch that destroyed his family and kill her, in doing so freeing his brother.

When Amira arrives at this home and shows her true nature, a kind and caring person Raven can’t deny the person she is and gives into the chemistry that’s burning in both of them. But the gods won’t let it be, a prophecy needs to be fulfilled and the demon Dazlog has his oar in too. On top of that witches are still being hunted, and Amira’s family is in danger.

The story keeps on taking turns until the end and it all makes beautiful sense, but the story isn’t over and I’m looking forward to book Two.

The writing was flawless but one thing that throw me off was the constant change between Amira and Raven. It changed within paragraphs at the start I had to re-read it thinking I was wrong but after a while it didn’t bother me but just throw me at the start. I have never come across this style of storytelling before, but once I realised what was happening I didn’t mind.