Fate Fallen

Fate Fallen - Sharon Stevenson Review of Fate Fallen

Rating: 5 stars

www.reviewoffantasy.com

This is the third instalment of the Gallows’ series and so far I have just loved them and Fate Fallen didn’t disappoint.

Majority of the story is told through Shaun’s eyes he’s my favourite, so I was delighted. I love how he’s real, he can be so selfish at times and it’s not until afterwards that he feels guilty. I love the chip on his shoulder but then he’s never had it easy, so who can blame him.

His selfish actions really come to light when he takes Elle is “Girlfriend” away for the weekend. But he wants to kill two birds with one stone, and check out a murder that has rattled him, one he read in the paper. But his ploy backfires. Elle sees what happens when she agrees to go to the house and it shakes her up and she also realises that Shaun thought his soul mate was here, talk about shooting a girl down. Elle gets huffed and goes back to the hotel room kicking him out it’s at this point that everything starts to move fast, and soon Shaun’s secrets unravel and his life goes downhill. Elle is taken by a fairy but she’s not upset, she’s happy and Shaun’s left on his own. He deserved it really.

I love when Shaun manages to eat a snickers or some form of junk foot at the most inappropriate moments, so funny, and following Shaun’s story we get to meet a she-wolf, a fairy and we get to teleport and find out all about Shaun’s imaginary friend – Well that’s what his parents told him.

The other part of the story is spilt between Elle who we get to learn a lot about - God that girl has secrets and of course Sarah she still stuck between Ben and Ray but it’s not her doing – Ben just won’t let it go and soon becomes a threat to Ray. So she teaches Ray to fight taking him into a nest of vampires and slaying them all. She is pretty cool but their relationship is called into the spotlight when her mum meets Ray, and Sarah gets dragged into Shaun’s own drama’s only his aren’t minor – there to save the world or let it perish.

Another fantastic instalment in the Gallows Series. I can’t wait to read Cruse Corrupted.