Promise of Mercy

Promise of Mercy - Kurt D. Springs Review: Promise of Mercy

Rating: 5 Stars

www.ultimatefantasybooks.com

This is the second book that I have read by Author Kurt D. Springs. The first being Price of Vengeance. In both books there is a lesson to be learned – That vengeance isn’t the answer but compassion is. Time can change so much so quickly even for the worst of us; Marisa is the example in this book.
Liam is also still a very strong character but is learning and with the help of his four children. His three daughters are the walk of him. Their adventure takes off when the temple is under siege with their mother inside and their father is sent through a portal to an unknown place. It’s a story of family, love and forgiveness.

At the start the bad guys are the original founders but we soon meet Kergan a man who has no regard for live. He is the enemy that the finnian must fight. Deirdre Liam’s daughter took centre stage for me with her blatant disregard for orders, she was stubborn, her only focus was saving her parents and we watched her time and time again display this with some serious defiance. She has a temper.:)
We meet new creatures in my head I picture bigfoot :) they help Liam and his family against the enemy and are a welcome addition.

A lot of things throughout the story stood out for me. One being the use of Irish – it was fantastic to see as I am Irish myself. Translations of the Irish words where right beside it in English, so no flicking to the back of the book or e-copy to see what it means. Which for me normally pulls me from the story so this was really great.

The second thing I loved was Gayla and her bond with Liam especially with the paranormal activity in the prison. It was a bit scary but I loved it.
Also I love the author’s ability to take a bad guy or women that you really don’t like, and soon without realizing it you feel compassion for them. Marisa the prime example here.

The technology, science, new species and descriptive lands in this book felt to me that an enormous amount of research went into this book.
I have a feeling that we are not done yet, with the ending (Which I will not say) but I really look forward to reading about Liam and his four children? Again.. Oh, and ted I can’t leave him out he is like a brother to Aidan.

If you love sci-fi action packet with a lot of gadgets then grab a copy of Promise of mercy and Price of Vengeance you won’t be disappointed.